What is Bug Issue Tracking Software?
Bug issue tracking software is an IT security solution that can help to eliminate bugs in a company’s software systems. It does this with various functions, including searching for bugs, tracking them, reporting them, assigning them, and more.
The primary tool in a bug issue tracking software product is its bug reporting facility; it doesn’t just report bugs but also finds them first. The software can constantly monitor bugs, keep track of them and report them when they fully diagnose the problem.
It is also a system that can store historical bug data. It can do this with continuous work logs that update when they find a new bug or report one. Additionally, bug issue tracking software can create comprehensive reports in graphs and charts.
An excellent bug issue tracking software product can also give each reported bug an ID so that you can search for any reports or data on them.
What Does Bug Issue Tracking Software Do?
Employers and employees can take advantage of bug issue tracking software and its uses to better the business or company.
Here are some of the things bug issue tracking software can do:
- It can track and report bugs: Bug tracking tools can constantly scan for bugs, keep track of them and report them when they fully diagnose the problem.
- It can create bug work logs: Bug issue tracking software can create continuous work logs that will update when they find a new bug or report one.
- It can create bug reports: Bug issue tracking software can create comprehensive reports in the form of graphs and charts.
- It can give each bug a searchable ID: A great bug issue tracking software product also can provide each reported bug with an ID so that you can search for any reports or data on them.
How WeRank the Best Bug/Issue Tracking Software
We follow a comprehensive rating methodology to evaluate and rank bug tracking software. Our evaluation process considers factors such as features, ease of use, customer support, integration capabilities, and pricing. We also use the Genius Score, a unique scoring system that ranges from 0 to 100, to rate each software vendor. The Genius Score combines external reviews and internal testing to provide an objective assessment of the overall quality of the software.
Main Features of A Bug Issue Tracking Software Product
Now you know what a bug issue tracking software product can do; you need to know the ins and outs of its features. Here are the primary features you can come across with bug issue tracking software.
- Bug tracking: Bug tracking tools can constantly monitor for bugs and track them just in case they become a problem for company software.
- Bug reporting: If the bug is a problem, the software product can report them and alert employees via email alerts.
- Work logs: Bug issue tracking software can make work logs that will update when they find a new bug or report one.
- Bug reports: Bug issue tracking software can create comprehensive reports to inform you of any problems caused by bugs. These reports can be graphs or reports.
- Bug IDs: The software can assign bugs an ID, so their data is easily available.
- Image attachment: Along with reporting the bugs, the software can attach images to present the problem clearly.
Benefits Of Using Bug Issue Tracking Software
Although knowing the features of a bug issue tracking software product is essential, it is arguably more critical to understand how the software can benefit your company. Here are the main ways you can use bug issue tracking software and how those uses can help the business or company.
How Do You Use Bug Issue Tracking Software?
Bug issue tracking software has many uses, so you need to know precisely how you can use it (tracking, etc.). Here are the best and most common ways to use bug issue tracking software.
Use It To Track And Report Bugs
The primary use of bug issue tracking software products is to track bugs. Before tracking bugs, the software searches for potential issues and locates bugs related to those issues. Then, once it finds the bugs, it can track them and monitor their severity; some bugs aren’t worth reporting, so they track them just in case they don’t amount to a problem.
Finally, if the bug causes an issue to a company software system, the software can report them.
Use It To Keep A Historical Record Of Bugs
Once a bug issue tracking software product finds, tracks, or reports a bug, it keeps a historical record. It can do this with a continuous stream of work logs that update when the software finds new information about the bug. Additionally, the software can make detailed reports (graphs, charts, etc.).
Use It To Keep Employees Informed Of Bug Reports
Once the bug issue tracking software creates a historical record of a bug, it also provides ways for employers and employees to check any relevant bug information.
For example, when they report a bug, the software sends an email alert to the relevant employer or employee. They can also attach images to clearly convey the data.
What Are The Benefits Of Bug Issue Tracking Software?
Now you know how to use bug issue tracking software, you need to see how the software can benefit your business or company. Here are the benefits of bug issue tracking software.
It Can Help Create Excellent Software Products
Finding bugs in a software product allows companies to understand how to improve products and create the best one possible. Bug issue tracking software products include reports and images to give a clear idea of what went wrong and what needs to change.
It Can Save Time And Money By Finding Bugs Quicker
A bug tracking tool can find bugs as soon as they appear; this saves a company the time it would take to solve the problem later down the line. Additionally, it saves them money because their software product will achieve higher sales if it has no bugs.
It Results In Improved Customer Satisfaction
Finally, a bug issue tracking software product can benefit a company by satisfying customers. Using the software to create a high-quality product will ultimately give you a happy customer and higher sales.
Who Should Use Bug Issue Tracking Software?
Despite the primary function of a bug issue tracking software product being relatively simple, multiple features can benefit numerous types of businesses and companies. Here are the types of businesses or companies that should buy bug issue tracking software.
Although not every small business needs a bug tracking tool, it can be helpful if the business uses software tools.
Bug issue tracking software can be an excellent tool for small businesses because they might have the resources or time to keep track of potential bugs. It can also keep the business’s software running and prevent a slowdown in business processes.
The most obvious and common type of company to buy a bug issue tracking software product is a software company. These companies need a bug tracking tool to find potential bugs in their software products and report them.
Large Companies And Enterprises
Large companies will use multiple software products to streamline processes for teams and employers, so bug issue tracking software can help to save them a lot of time. Additionally, bug issue tracking software can assign bug issues to specific teams or individuals, which works perfectly for a large company.
How Much Does Bug Issue Tracking Software Cost?
Determining a singular price for all bug issue tracking software is impossible; it all depends on the type of business they market towards and the features included in the software product.
Some bug issue tracking software products will be cheaper because they market towards small businesses, and some will have multiple pricing tiers with unlockable features. If you have a large company, you may also have to ask for a quote for the bug tracking tool.
- Who? We are SaaS experts: Our specialists constantly seek the most relevant information to help support your SaaS business.
- Why? We are passionate about users accessing fair SaaS pricing: We offer up-to-date pricing data, reviews, new tools, blogs and research to help you make informed SaaS pricing decisions.
- How? With accurate information: Our website manager tests each software to add a Genius Score using our rating methodology to each product. Our editorial team fact-check every piece of content we publish, and we use first-hand testing, value metrics and leading market data.