WordPress is a CMS (content management system) that is free and open-source, meaning that it can be used to create a website for any business. The backend is written in PHP paired with either a MariaDB or MySQL database.
Its primary features include a template system for easy website creation and various plugins to make your site run smoothly. There is a vast number of free templates on WordPress that can boost the aesthetic of your site or even count the number of visitors each day.
Keep reading this WordPress review to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of this user friendly CMS.
Pros and Cons
+ Easy to use – The WordPress dashboard is easy to use and doesn’t require much learning.
+ Website management from any computer – No matter where you are in the world, you can easily manage your website because WordPress is compatible with multiple operating systems.
+ Search engine recognition – Google and other search engines love WordPress websites; make sure your SEO is up to scratch.
+ Themes – There are over 250 themes to choose from, and they are all very different. This is an excellent selection for everyone to choose from.
+ Content Editor – This system treats every bit of your content like its own piece, which is perfect for building content and not just a page.
– Additional features – If you want to add an array of features to your website, you may require a lot of extra plugins to make it work correctly.
– Plugin Updates – There are regular plugin updates that occur nearly every day.
We mentioned earlier in this WordPress review that the software has an intuitive dashboard that is simple to use and doesn’t require much education beforehand. There are thousands of tutorials online that can be used to discover the wonder of WordPress’s usability in a single day.
Suppose you are someone who wants to manage your website on the go. In that case, the WordPress mobile application can be installed on various operating systems, including Android, iOS, and Google. This is particularly great for people running an eCommerce business from their WordPress site, as it allows them to manage transactions and send through reports to clients.
What’s fantastic about WordPress is that it regularly updates the platform to synchronize with the latest SEO and Google algorithm code. Some users find this annoying, but we think it’s a great way of showing that WordPress cares about its customers.
WordPress has a massive number of plugins that can be used for various tasks on your website.
- An excellent thing about these plugins is that they can be used in conjunction with each other so that your site can flow more seamlessly.
- Some excellent plugins, such as Yoast SEO, make it simple to understand basic SEO and give you guidelines for writing content for the website.
- Another awesome thing about WordPress is that it offers a free version of the service that can be set up without owning a domain.
- You can start learning how to build a website without the help of an IT professional or website developer, which essentially saves you a ton of money.
WordPress can be contacted telephonically or directly from its website. If you have registered a domain with WordPress, you get one-on-one concierge support through scheduled Quick Start Sessions.
Users who prefer to use email support can contact the company support team by linking the WordPress website’s home page. In most cases, emails are responded to within 24 to 48 hours of being sent.
Product Pricing – What Does it Cost?
WordPress is a free, open-source platform that anyone can use worldwide. However, some fees include hosting and domain registration if you have a more significant business.
– Personal – $4 per month billed annually – Includes free domain for one year, removes WordPress Ad, and allows you to collect payments.
– Premium – $8 per month billed yearly – Includes the above plus live chat support and Google analytics integration.
– Business – $25 per month billed annually – Includes advanced SEO tools, automated site backups, and all the above features
– eCommerce – $45 per month billed yearly – Includes full eCommerce functionality and integration with top shipping carriers worldwide.
Overall, WordPress is an excellent platform to build your first website or develop a fully-fledged eCommerce business. With a host of different management tools and plugins to fulfill your every desire, it would be silly not to give WordPress a go.
Many positive reviews have praised WordPress for its extensive features and intuitive dashboard that is easy to understand. We hope this WordPress Review has provided you with enough knowledge to make an informed decision when it comes to using WordPress.
Try Out WordPress Today!
With WordPress you can create the website you have always dreamed of due to its easy-to-navigate user interface and intuitive widgets. What are you waiting for? Join the WordPress community today!