Schoology is a learning management system (LMS) for students, teachers, parents, and administrators. Its mission is to make education from kindergarten to 12th grade a more streamlined and connected experience, so Schoology supports learning, growth, and collaboration for all users.
Keep on reading our Schoology review, including a complete rundown of the software, its benefits, and how it compares to other products on the market, to know more in detail. After evaluating other users’ reviews and expert opinions, we give Schoology a good genius score. Read on to find out why!
Pros and Cons
Pros of the Schoology are:
- Assignment Tracking— This product lets educators track student assignments and readings for full organization.
- Fully-Featured Course Assembly— Teachers can craft a variety of courses with the product’s intuitive features.
- Platform Integration— Schoology is already pre-integrated with over 200 popular tools, SISs, and education platforms.
Cons of the Schoology review are:
- Minor User Issues— Some users found things like grade syncing and equation editing clunky at times.
- Not Customizable— The product’s interface is not very customizable.
Overall, Schoology product reviews have left it with a high usability rating. This is due to its usefulness for students, teachers, and parents alike, with the product’s centralized education portal, resource sharing abilities, and the ease with which educators and students can connect either in a classroom or one-on-one.
The all-in-one nature of the product definitely appeals to users, as they can easily access assignments, media, videos, files, discussion forums, quizzes, and more, all within Schoology’s education portal.
Schoology does not limit its own program abilities, either. The product offers seamless integration with other important educational utilities, including GoogleDrive, OneDrive, TurnItIn, and EduCannon, further enhancing overall user outreach.
And where the UI sometimes becomes difficult for teachers, with some teachers citing issues with marking assignments with half-marks or decimals, the support team is available to help work through the problem. In general, the predominantly positive usability of this product is a key factor in this Schoology review.
One reason Schoology rates so high with users is because of its features. Teachers and students alike recommend this product based on the accessibility and ease of learning Schoology brings to both the classroom and home. Some key features that informed our Schoology review include the following:
- Automated Grading System— Schoology takes the hassle out of grading assignments with an automated system based on performance and teacher input.
- Curriculum & Assignment Management— Create custom course content, structure assignments, and add widgets to better student accessibility with Schoology’s open-access integration.
- Document Uploads— Students have full access to reference links and documents uploaded by teachers, stored in the resource sharing center.
- Supports Mobile Learning— Schoology offers both mobile browser access and an App Center for on-the-go learning no matter the device.
- Third-Party Integrations— This product supports various third-party programs for quick and seamless integration to the platform.
- Updated Standards— Schoology keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in State Standards and Common Core for education, evaluating content accordingly.
Many software products are made or broken on the basis of available support services, so where does Schoology rank? Because of the many ways to get assistance, our Schoology review ranks its support quality as high. Users find the product’s support team quick to assist, offering 24/7 live chat with a support representative and phone-in services for business hours.
For out-of-hours issues, users can reference Schoology’s plentiful FAQ page or its online community, both within the Schoology platform itself.
Additionally, educational organizations typically also have Support Contacts in conjunction with the Schoology support team, who can assist users with minor issues or connect them with Schoology’s IT department.
Schoology Pricing – What Does It Cost?
Schoology is dedicated to being free for most users, including teachers, students, and parents. And if you want to try out the product, Schoology’s free trial is a great way to demo its services and see if it is a fit for you. For enterprise packages and institution pricing, schools need to contact Schoology directly for a quote.
|Trial||Free||Test demo includes all features.|
|Advisors, Instructors, Parents, Students||Free||All features included.|
|Enterprise||Contact Schoology for a quote||All features are included for a price depending on the institution size.|
Schoology is a learning management system platform that offers more than administrative capabilities to its users. Along with being able to manage courses, assignments, and entire curriculum arcs, Schoology provides an intuitive space for students and parents to connect with teachers and school advisors easily.
This product combines all aspects of directing a physical classroom and brings it into an organized, digital interface. Users have noted the ability to connect other educational portals such as GoogleDrive, OneDrive, and TurnItIn, further enhancing the usability of Schoology.
Plus, with mobile browser support, as well as smartphone and tablet applications, connecting to the Schoology education portal is easier than ever. The product includes a full App Center and ongoing mobile support teams, able to help you take learning on-the-go.
Overall, schoology helps students and teachers alike take full control of education and gives them the tools they need to succeed, including classroom management, resource centers, and much more.
Try Out Schoology Now!
From students to school administrators, anyone involved in education can rely on the learning management system that Schoology provides. Download Schoology now and let it transform your learning and teaching!