AI in Marketing
Artificial intelligence (AI) has rapidly become one of the most influential technologies in the marketing industry. With the increasing amount of data available and the need for personalized experiences, AI has become a game-changer for marketers worldwide.
From automating repetitive tasks to predicting consumer behavior, AI is revolutionizing how businesses approach marketing. In this article, we’ll explore the top ways AI is being used in digital marketing today and how it’s transforming the industry as a whole.
Worldwide Market Value of AI (2020-2028)
The estimated market value of AI in marketing was 15.84 billion US dollars in 2021, which increased to 20.82 billion US dollars in 2022. It is anticipated that the market will continue to expand and may reach as much as 107.54 billion US dollars by 2028. With the estimated numbers more than tripling from 2023 to 2028, it’s clear to see that company owners worldwide ought to aim to adopt at least some form of AI into their everyday business processes.
Adoption of AI in industries worldwide
Artificial intelligence (AI) adoption worldwide 2021, by industry and function
|Human resources||Manufacturing||Marketing & sales||Product/service development||Risk||Service operations||Strategy & corporate finance||Supply chain management|
|Automotive & Assembly||11%||26%||20%||15%||4%||18%||6%||17%|
|Business, legal, and professional services||14%||8%||28%||15%||13%||26%||8%||13%|
In 2021 the adoption of AI in various industries was already developing, and AI marketing tools became increasingly popular. Since then, we have seen a rising tendency in the usage of AI by various companies. Marketing, sales and service operations are the most popular functions that involve AI adoption.
Brace yourself for a lot of interesting statistics this week.
Do Marketers Trust AI?
Marketing leaders appear to have reservations about entirely relying on AI for certain tasks, with some activities being more trusted than others. According to recent research, the top activities that marketers trust AI to perform include the following:
- targeted advertising (47%)
- real-time content personalization (42%)
- email sending time optimization (39%)
- calculating conversion probability (37%)
- optimizing email subject lines (33%
- conducting live chat sessions (32%)
- scoring leads (30%)
- writing subject lines (22%)
- copywriting (21%)
Reasons Why Marketers Use AI in Marketing Worldwide
- Chatbots powered by AI are becoming increasingly popular for customer service. Check out our article on the Chatbot Market for more information.
- AI-powered tools are used to optimize email marketing campaigns. Looking at the statistics in this article, it’s clear that AI is used in email marketing in various ways.
- Predictive analytics is another popular application of AI in marketing. By analyzing data from multiple sources, including customer behavior and social media, AI can predict future trends, give valuable insights and help businesses make more informed decisions.
- Visual search is an emerging trend in AI marketing. With the use of AI, consumers can search for products by uploading images rather than typing in text. Pinterest and Google are already using this technology to improve their search functions.
- AI is being used to create more effective ad targeting to increase customer satisfaction. AI tools can help businesses understand the behavior and preferences of their target audience, allowing them to create more relevant ads.
- AI is also being used to improve website and app design. By analyzing user behavior, AI can provide recommendations on how to optimize the user experience and increase engagement.
- Virtual assistants powered by AI are becoming more popular in marketing. Through using voice commands, customers can interact with virtual assistants to receive personalized recommendations and make purchases.
AI has revolutionized the marketing industry by automating tasks, predicting customer behavior, and providing personalized experiences. This article explored the top ways AI is being used in marketing worldwide. As the use of AI in marketing continues to grow, it is expected to become an increasingly integral part of marketing strategies worldwide.