Weebly is a builder that is useful for small business sites and portfolios. It comes with many apps and features that help users grow their site from SEO to eCommerce. With a drag-and-drop editor, many users can create simple and stylish websites. This is also a great choice for online stores, blogs, portfolios, and business sites.
It also powers over 50 million websites, so it is used by many. A generous free plan is also available to users, which has gained a lot of attraction. Also, the company Square bought Weebly in 2018, which has now allowed it to focus more on eCommerce.
To find out more about it, continue to read the Weebly Review down below.
Pros and Cons
- Small business friendly – This website builder has everything that is needed for small businesses.
- Customizable templates – Weebly has made very stylish and simple templates that are responsive to users and when they want to switch between them.
- Helpful guides – Users are given a lot of help with their SEO through the support center and guides when it comes to SEO.
- Drag-and-drop is limited – There is not a lot of freedom when it comes to Weebly. Unless individuals are comfortable with coding, they might be disappointed with the limited customization.
- No personal restore – If a site goes down, then individuals are hoping that Weebly can restore their website because they are not given the option to restore their website.
Weebly allows individuals to build their website just how they are going to see it when it’s published. It supports a drag-and-drop feature, so users can easily move their text boxes, pictures, and more around the page. This makes it very easy to use.
However, Weebly did suffer from customization. The basics of Weebly is simple, but when users try to build a website just like how they want it, then they struggle. Therefore, it is easy to use, but it does have a limit when it comes to customization.
Weebly gives you many features to use and enjoy, but these are the top four features available to you:
- App Center – The app center allows users to find both free and paid apps that can help with their website.
- SEO – All Weebly sites come with a sitemap, SEO-friendly HTML formatting, meta descriptions, and responsive designs to help with SEO.
- Ecommerce – Weebly gives users the chance to start an eCommerce website with just the free plan by providing a shopping cart, items, quick shop, inventory management, and in-store pickup.
- Marketing – With their newsletter, Weebly promotes email marketing for users. This has become very useful for those that use email marketing.
Weebly has many guides that help users figure out their problems. Also, there is an email option, so users can send off an email if they need additional help. Every plan includes access to the community forum and email support, which is useful because anyone and everyone using Weebly can get the help they need.
However, one of the downsides is that there is no phone support for those who have not purchased the Pro or Performance plans. If a user prefers speaking on the phone, then they are going to be disappointed to find out that they are not able to. Also, only users in the US have the option to live chat and phone support.
Weebly Pricing – What Does It Cost?
Let’s now see the software’s four pricing options in Weebly Review, and each one builds upon the last. However, the features from the free package are also found in the other tiers. There is a free version for those to start with and there is a more expensive version that costs $30 a month. Here is a breakdown of all the tiers:
|Free||Free||Free SSL security|
Add 3rd party embed code
Chat & email support
|Personal||Starting from: $7 /user/mo||Connect a custom domain|
|Professional||Starting from: $15 /user/mo||Advanced site stats|
Remove Square ads
|Performance||Starting from: $30 /user/mo||Accept payments through PayPal|
Abandoned cart emails
Advanced eCommerce insights
Overall, this Weebly review has shown that it is a great website builder for small businesses. With its simplistic and easy navigation, users are less likely to feel overwhelmed when creating their website. However, it does struggle when a user wants more customization because Weebly is limited in its customization options unless the user is confident in coding.
Start with the free version to get used to Weebly and how it works. This allows for the user to make sure this is what they want before paying for it. Also, pay for the Professional plan instead of the Personal plan because it can be more useful for a small business.
Try Out Weebly Now!
Small businesses can create websites that they can grow and utilize over time. With many additional apps that can be added on, Weebly is great for those just starting.