Many use Squarespace to create professional-looking websites. With high-quality designs and features, it has caught a lot of press. However, it can take some time to understand the whole program, but the final results are usually worth it. Plans start at $12/month and come with 113 different website builder templates. It is a one-stop place for website building.
To learn more, read the rest of this Squarespace Review below.
Pros and Cons
- Templates – All the templates that are provided are stunning and have been optimized for all mobile devices, tablets, and desktops.
- Mobile Apps – The Squarespace mobile apps allow users to edit their posts, blogs, and e-commerce functions while on the go.
- Restoration – Users can restore their deleted posts or pages for up to 30 days.
- Not very fast – If an individual is looking for a quick way to build a website, they may be disappointed with Squarespace because it does take time to understand how to use it.
- No autosaving – When working on the site, the user is prompted to save their changes every time there is a change. There is no automatic save option.
Squarespace is a section-based website builder that allows users to drag-and-drop what they want into the correlating section. The interface is clean, so users are going to have to click around the interface to find the elements they want.
However, once users become used to how Squarespace works, it ends up being an easy and fast way to edit a website. Also, how the website appears in the editor is exactly how it is going to appear when it’s published.
One of the most useful features is that code is not needed. Obviously, if a user who knows code wants to add in their own then they can, but this is great for those who do not know any code as well.
Squarespace gives you many features to use and enjoy, but these are the top four features available to you:
- Social Media Integration – Accounts from over 20 social media platforms can all be linked to Squarespace. This allows for easy access to photos and videos.
- SEO & Marketing – Squarespace gives users tools to make sure they are managing their titles and adding in the correct keywords for SEO optimization.
- Domain – Buying a domain website from Squarespace is easy. Users are given a free one for their first year, but after that period, they need to pay a fee.
- Extensions – There are already a lot of features built into Squarespace, but they have compiled a list of 24 carefully selected apps to help users grow, manage, and optimize their site.
Squarespace is a well-known software, so the support should also be of a high-quality. As of right now, there are live chat options from Monday to Friday available to users. Twitter is also used as a 24/7 social media support for those users who can get an easy fix sorted out quickly.
An email is also an option. The support team does get back in touch once an email is sent. Community forums are also useful because individuals can search to see if someone else has had a similar issue and how it was resolved. Video tutorials are also available to users.
However, the only downside is that there is no phone support. If a user prefers to speak on the phone, then they are not able to while using Squarespace.
Squarespace Pricing – What Does It Cost?
This Squarespace review has all four pricing options listed here, and each one builds upon the last. However, the features from the free package are also found in the other tiers. A free trial is also available, so users can make sure Squarespace is right for them. Here is a breakdown of all the tiers:
|Personal||Starting from: $16 /user/mo||SSL security|
Unlimited bandwidth and storage
Templates Up to 2 contributors
24/7 customer support
Basic website metrics
|Business||Starting from: $26 /user/mo||Professional email from Google|
Premium integrations and blocks
Up to $100 Google ads credits
|Basic Commerce||Starting from: $35 /user/mo||Fully integrated E-Commerce|
No commerce transaction fees
Sell unlimited products
Point of sale
|Advanced Commerce||Starting from: $54 /user/mo||Abandoned cart recovery|
Limited availability labels
Overall, this Squarespace review has shown that it is a website builder that is powerful and has a lot of useful features. Also, some of the best templates are available on Squarespace.
The only critique for Squarespace is its usability. It is only easy to use once individuals have explored it for a certain amount of time, but it is not easy to use as a beginner. That means this is not the easiest and fastest way to publish a website, but it is worth it once users know how to use the software.
Try Out Squarespace Now!
Create beautiful and powerful websites with Squarespace. It is a one-stop for those who may not know how to code the website of their dreams and has a lot of support to help them reach their goals.