Website building can be a stressful process. There’s choosing a theme, designing your web pages, and finding a reliable web hosting service provider to get your content onto the world wide web.
SiteGround is a leading web host that promises a plethora of benefits for website owners. Launched in 2004 by college students, the service provider has grown to provide its services to over 2 million domains!
While it may not be as popular as other web hosts like Bluehost, it is still a reputable web host with over 18 years of experience in the industry.
This SiteGround review will discuss the pros and cons, usability, features, and customer support quality to help you get a good idea of how this web host works and whether it would be a good fit for your website.
Pros and Cons
One of the most effective ways to decide whether a service is for you is to look at the pros and cons side-by-side. Here’s what you can expect with SiteGround.
- Excellent uptime – you can get close to 100 percent of uptime
- High speeds – SiteGround servers are optimized for high speeds thanks to its intuitive hardware and software solutions
- Extensive server network – choose from servers in Europe, Asia, Australia, and the United States
- Advanced features – SiteGround offers some features that most web hosts do not provide, such as staging and own caching
- Beginner-friendly – a wealth of resources and 24/7 customer support to help you navigate the features
- Expensive migrations – SiteGround charges a $30 fee to take care of your migrations
- Database size limitations – Each plan only gives you 1 GB of storage space
This SiteGround review would not be complete without a look at usability. Usability refers to how easy a service is to use. After experiencing SiteGround for ourselves, we found that it is very user-friendly.
Moreover, there are tons of resources that you can access on the website to help you navigate its features and build your website. SiteGround’s backend is also simple to follow. It’s user-friendly, and you won’t get lost when using its pages or subpages.
The web hosting is managed through its own visual interface, which you can configure to meet your needs.
An important thing to consider when looking for a web host is whether it will allow you to create a mobile-friendly website since most users access the internet from their mobile devices.
Fortunately, you can use SiteGround to create a mobile site quite easily!
It also integrates well with WordPress and will download and install WordPress for you. SiteGround also has a WP starter to help you build a WordPress website.
Another important consideration when finding a web host is the features it offers. In the section below, we’ll take a look SiteGround’s most prominent features and use cases.
- Shared hosting – allows small websites and blogs with low traffic to share resources with other sites
- WooCommerce hosting – SiteGround’s WooCommerce hosting package lets you optimize your shared hosting
- WordPress hosting – the WordPress-optimized version of SiteGround’s shared hosting feature
- Cloud hosting – this feature enables you to make use of cloud resources such as CPU, multiple cores, and bandwidth
- Hosting management features – this includes control panel integration, CMS support, email hosting, eCommerce integration, database support, and more!
- Advanced features – with the GrowBig and GoGeek plans, you’ll have access to a number of advanced features, including on-demand backup, WordPress staging, white-label site management, and one-click git repo creation
SiteGround is undoubtedly jam-packed with hosting features to help you create and host your blog or website successfully! This is why we’ve given it such a high feature!
Web hosting can be confusing, especially if you’ve never built a website before. This is why web hosts need to have excellent support that’s available whenever you need it.
Fortunately, SiteGround understands this need, which is why it provides 24-hour customer support via several channels. You can choose from ticket-based support through the online customer help service or opt for live chat instead.
To streamline the process and ensure that its phone service is efficient, SiteGround includes an option to contact the team. You’ll be asked to select a category that best describes your problem and be directed to the right department.
SiteGround Pricing – What Does It Cost?
SiteGround has three comprehensive web hosting plans categorized based on website traffic. If it’s your first time hosting a website, you’ll likely need the StartUp plan. With this subscription, you’ll get a free site builder, SSL and HTTPS, email accounts, and more.
You can host an unlimited number of websites with the GrowBig and GoGeek plans. If you need additional backup and WordPress staging, you can go for the GrowBig subscription or the GoGeek option if you’re expecting around 400,000 site visitors a month.
Here’s a summary of the pricing:
|StartUp||Starting from||$3.99 per month|
|GrowBig||Starting from||$6.69 per month|
|GoGeek||Starting from||$10.69 per month|
SiteGround also offers a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can try out its services stress-free!
You might be wondering whether SiteGround is the right web hosting provider for your blog or website after reading this SiteGround review.
It is ideal if you need a fast and dependable web host committed to providing excellent customer service. Moreover, it offers hosting options to suit every budget, and every plan includes a comprehensive range of features.
This includes several website tools, SSD storage, a one-click WordPress installer, and free migration. Built-in security features safeguard your site from malware, while Cloudflare CDN capability adds another layer of safety.
If you’re just getting started with a website, SiteGround’s customer service will come in handy. The company has optimized the process to ensure that you’re not spending hours on the phone or being transferred from one department to another.
When you choose SiteGround, you’ll also have the assurance that you’re working with a web host that knows what it’s doing because it has been in the industry for over 18 years!
Try Out SiteGround Now!
Now that you know what to expect from SiteGround, you can try the service yourself! You can sign up for a plan with the assurance that you can get your money back thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee!