BambooHR is a large HR software service provider. Though it started with basic record-keeping and HR management, it is expanded to offer benefits management and employee tracking. Overall, the company serves SMBs and those that are growing or scaling.
With BambooHR, you get various HCM and HR solutions, such as applicant tracking systems, performance management, benefits administration, and more. This BambooHR review discusses the features, pros/cons, and other pertinent details to help you determine if it is the best choice for you.
Pros and Cons
+ Simple interface – It’s easy to use, especially the mobile app.
+ Great resource for everyone – This software solution is great for all the administrative departments, not just HR.
+ Onboarding details – New hires can easily learn how to use the system, and it includes electronic signatures for the forms.
+Efficient time-tracking – Employees can effortlessly put in their time for the day and see pertinent information.
– Fewer access levels – Employees can’t get as much data or input it as they should.
– Can’t upload multiple documents – Uploads are limited to one document at a time.
When you first start up BambooHR, you get a short video about the key features and how to use them. Though it’s easy to use, there could be more explanations and tips in the app to help beginners get up to speed fast.
Overall, BambooHR is a new entrant to the market, and it shows. While it has an intuitive user interface and easy navigation, it could do a bit better.
There is a mobile app available for download, and you don’t require hours of training or a manual to start. Those who aren’t experienced can easily understand the features as they’re laid out.
Plus, the dashboard is intuitive and clearly organized. It highlights the important information, making it easier to finish common tasks like requesting time off, accessing reports, and managing job openings. Therefore, you’re good to go, no matter what you’re doing.
You can’t have a BambooHR review without discussing the company’s features. It offers strong functionality for reporting, workforce management, and hiring. However, you must pay extra for time tracking, performance management, and the like. Here are some of the perks of using it:
- Workforce management – One of the goals of the HR department is to know the employees better, and that means easily accessing the data. BambooHR centralizes the data into one spot, so all of that is together, such as employment status, IT assets, training details, time-off requests, etc.
- Hiring – Though there’s great functionality, it’s not as comprehensive as other dedicated recruitment solutions. There’s no suggested content, but you can manage each posting.
- Analytics and reporting – BambooHR offers workforce analytics, including reports for candidate funnels, years of service, salary history, time off, headcount, and benefits.
- Add-ons – Choosing one solution for your HR needs is ideal because you know the information flows seamlessly. You get add-ons (for a separate fee) to do more, such as time tracking, employee satisfaction, and performance management.
If you’re on the more expensive plan (Advantage), you have access to telephone and email support, which is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, email support is the only option on the Essentials plan (with the same hours).
Each week, BambooHR holds webinars, which you can watch live or later. You may also contact the team for support from question-mark buttons that show on each page. That way, you can search for articles that answer the question, submit a ticket, or use the Help Center to get additional resources.
BambooHR Pricing – What Does It Cost?
BambooHR offers a seven-day free trial. You can have access to the many features and get a better idea of what this software does.
Afterward, you must choose the Advantage or Essentials pricing plan because there’s no free one. With that, Essentials doesn’t offer onboarding or hiring functionality.
There’s no pricing information on the website. You must contact the company to receive a quote.
|Essentials||Call for quote|
|Advantage||Call for quote|
BambooHR doesn’t do everything, but it does its primary functions well. If you’re an SMB owner and want a streamlined user experience, then you should consider BambooHR. However, larger companies might need more flexibility and access levels with their software features, so it might not be right for them.
In this BambooHR review, you learned about the many features available. It must also be said that the platform is easy to use and intuitive. Whether you’re on a smartphone or a laptop, you can access the information you need and fill out forms.
Though it could have better customer support and there’s no pricing information online, you are sure to find that it meets all of your needs as a small business owner. Plus, you can use it to scale up to a bigger corporation but may need to upgrade to something else once that happens.
Try Out BambooHR Now!
Are you ready to upgrade your HR systems into an all-in-one solution? If so, please sign up for BambooHR today to experience all it offers.