Indeni makes it easy to manage the infrastructure of digital businesses. With Indeni KnowledgeTM and Indeni CrowdTM companies can create an infrastructure that is adaptable to change. Our deep set of integrations to critical devices, built-in automation, and easy to read remediation instructions arm IT with the knowledge they need to move from reactive to proactive infrastructure management.
Collect 10 – 100x more data than SNMP approaches:
Each device has a set of metrics that occur with a specific time stamp. Indeni captures numerical metrics such as 0.0, 1.0, 103.51, as well as non numeric to describe a current state, such as if a product license is up to date or not. These metrics are collected by connecting through SSH, CLI, SOAP or REST API, or the custom protocol of the device.
99.9% of the time devices are working as expected:
Based on our experience as network and security professionals, we know a device malfunctions only 0.1% of the time. In addition, it is widely documented that 70% of network outages occur due to device misconfigurations. These two constraints are built into our machine learning algorithm which allow us to reduce false positives, saving our customers time and money.
Increase the productivity of your team:
Out of the box Indeni knows what to monitor and how inspect the devices based on knowledge from our community. It’s the perfect partnership between man and machines as Indeni follows the administrator performing mundane tasks, double checking and inspecting the logs, configurations, and running device metrics, so that the administrator can contribute to more strategically.
Get in, out and on to what matters most:
Alerts are presented to Indeni users via the Indeni dashboard, via email or phone. Do you have an existing ticketing or alerting system such as Jira, ServiceNow or other application? No problem, Indeni can forward alerts to your primary system.
There are four sets of Knowledge that Indeni collects from experts to pass onto our customers:
1. Tribal Knowledge
- If you have 30 years of experience setting up, installing, configuring, monitoring and managing devices, you know a thing or two about network management.
Here are some of tribal knowledge sets our community passes on to our customers:
- How a device works – baseline use cases, device related to vendor specific intricacies
- What metrics are important monitor – log, configuration, and running metrics such as CPU, memory, VPN connection, license expiration
- What is “normal” and “abnormal” device behavior
- View community members
- With an understanding of how a device works and what to look for, our community has worked together to turn that knowledge into code that can be reused across environments. Scripts are created in the Indeni Knowledge Language.
3. Remediation steps
- From the simplest answers located deep in vendor forums, to the more complicated which may require coordination across security, network or data center operations teams. Indeni reduces the time spent searching for answers in vendor related forums such as CPUG, Palo Alto Networks Live, DevCentral.
4. Global Benchmark and Trending Data
- Indeni customers have the option to enable Indeni Insight which sends non-sensitive information from their devices to the Indeni cloud.
- Log, configuration, running metrics data analyzed alongside Enterprise peers
- Global trends uncovered across types of devices, vendors, versions of vendor devices
- Fewer, more accurate alerts shared with customers
- Runbook Automation
- Crowdsourced IT Knowledge
- Machine Learning Analytics